Cancellations, closings and delays
Tuesday, November 4, 2014
All NYS DMV offices and most county DMV offices are open.
No hearings will be held in the Traffic Violations Bureaus on November 4, 2014. The following services will be available:
- Timely Not Guilty pleas entered and hearings scheduled
- First requests to reschedule hearings
- Guilty pleas entered***
- Fine payments accepted (cash, checks, MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover)
- Bond payments accepted (cash only)
- Information provided regarding violations, points, license actions, suspensions
*** Guilty pleas cannot be accepted on November 4th for violations termed ‘Required Appearance’.
The following counties have notified us that they are closed or have schedule changes to observe Election Day.
- Essex - The county DMV office in Ticonderoga is closed, the Elizabethtown office is OPEN.
- Lewis - The county DMV office in Lowville is open from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Ulster - The county DMV mobile unit in Saugerties is closed - All other county DMV offices are open.
Until further notice:
Delaware County - Due to construction in the area, the starting point of the Deposit Road Test Site has been temporarily moved to Dean Street, just north of Second Street, facing Clark Street.
Closings, Cancellations or Delays Because of Bad Weather
If the DMV has timely and specific information about closings, cancellations and schedule changes due to bad weather or other conditions, the information will be posted on this page.
If bad weather conditions occur in your area, you can call the local DMV office to determine if there are any closings, cancellations or schedule changes.
For information about road test cancellations and arrangements to reschedule a cancelled road test, call 1-518-402-2100 or reschedule online through the Road Test Scheduling System.