Report a problem with license or registration fraud

How do I report license or registration fraud?

If you have evidence that

  • another person has a driver license, registration document or title certificate in your name, or
  • another person used your identity and DMV Client ID number for fraudulent purposes

You must request a Report for Unauthorized Use form (FI-17) from a DMV Call Center or a DMV office and send it to DMV.

You must have evidence of fraud to submit a Report for Unauthorized Use.  Evidence can include

  • traffic tickets
  • personal checks that you did not receive or write
  • documents that contain your DMV client ID number