Report a problem with odometer or mileage fraud
I suspect the odometer on a car I bought was changed. What can I do?
Contact the DMV Odometer Crimes Unit (OCU) at 1-518-473-1079. Office hours are Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 4:30pm (except state holidays).
You can also send a written complaint to:
NYS DMV Odometer Crimes Unit
6 Empire State Plaza
Albany, NY 12228
You will need to provide the following information
- Vehicle Identification Number
- odometer reading at the time of purchase
- date and location of the purchase
- name of the seller of the vehicle
- amount you paid for the vehicle
- how the vehicle was offered for sale
- all documents that refer to the purchase of the vehicle
DMV Investigators will consider your complaint, evaluate all the information you provide, and contact you about the results. Please include contact information where you can be reached during the day.