New York Mets
Major League Baseball™ trademarks are used with permission of Major League Properties, Inc.
How much does it cost?
The custom plate fee varies if the plate number is assigned by DMV or if you personalize it. Learn more about personalized plates.
|Annual renewal (assigned)||$31.25 1|
|Annual renewal (personalized)||$62.50|
The annual custom plate renewal fee is in addition to your vehicle registration renewal fee. You will be billed for the plates every two years when you renew your registration.
To order online
- you must have a valid NYS registration that does not expire within 60 days. This will have your current plate number and registration class code. See a sample registration document. 2
- your name and address must be up to date with DMV. You can change your address online before ordering picture or professional plates. 3
- you must have a credit or debit card that DMV accepts, and a valid email address for confirmation purposes. 4
Can I order this plate by phone?
Yes, but you can save yourself the wait time. It’s faster and easier to do it online.
Call the Custom Plates Unit at 1-518-402-4838.
Office hours are 8:00am - 4:00pm, Monday through Friday.
Can I order this plate by mail?
Yes. To order this plate by mail, use the Order Form for Personalized Plates or Cause, Organization, Regional, Colleges and Fraternities or Sports Picture Plates (CP-62.1).
Mail the completed form and your payment to:
NYS DMV Custom Plates Unit
P.O. Box 2775
Albany, NY 12220
Can I order this plate at a DMV office?
Yes, but you can save yourself trip. It’s faster and easier to do it online.
Custom Plates that include the ISA for individuals who qualify are available only through the Custom Plates Unit. See how to order plates that include the ISA or call the Custom Plates Unit at 1-518-402-4838.
- 1. The custom plate fee is charged annually, but not collected until you renew your registration (bi-annually).
- 2. If your registration expires within the next 60 days, renew your registration online before you order picture or professional plates.
- 3. You must visit a DMV office to change your name on all DMV records and documents. Learn more about how to change your name.
The DMV accepts:
- American Express® Card
- Discover Card®/Novus®
- MasterCard® Debit card without personal identification number (PIN)
- VISA® Card
- Visa Debit Card without personal identification number (PIN)