License Event Notification Service (LENS)
ATTENTION: We are advised that customers are encountering problems ordering CDL abstracts in LENS. Please know we are working to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience. For assistance, please contact Data Services at 518-473-3959 and select (option 1) for LENS.
Log in to LENS - https://secure.dmv.ny.gov/vpass/
The License Event Notification Service (LENS) can supply important information about the driving qualifications of drivers that you employ or regulate. Organizations that use LENS can quickly identify their problem drivers, and focus efforts to improve safety and decrease vulnerability.
After you establish a roster of drivers in LENS, it will automatically notify you of driver license events as they post to your drivers’ records. LENS can notify your organization about
- the expiration and renewal of a driver license
- the suspension, revocation and restoration of a driver license
- changes to a driver license class and privilege
- traffic convictions
- reportable accidents
- driver license suspension and revocation orders
- completion of a training course to reduce insurance premiums
- changes to HazMat (Hazardous Material) endorsements
- changes to MedCert (Medical Certification) status
Thousands of smart employers already use LENS.