Check my license/driving privilege status
How can I check the status of my New York State driver license or driving privilege?
Sign up for MyDMV and use the online “My License Status, Renewal and Replacement" service.
You can use the service to
- check the current status of your driving privilege (for example valid, revoked, suspended)
- check the number of driver violation points on your driving record
- see if your driver license, learner permit or non-driver ID card is valid, expired or due to be renewed
- renew or order a replacement document
- change your address, if necessary
- check the mailing status of a document you recently ordered
See also Suspensions and revocations.
The My License service is not an official (certified) copy of your driving record. If you need a certified copy of your driving record, see Get my own driving record (abstract).