Looking for information about consumer protection, DMV regulated businesses, and business partners?
We've redesigned our website. Use the links below to find what you need.
Information for consumers using DMV-regulated businesses
- Find DMV-Regulated Businesses
- Vehicle inspection requirements
- Report a problem with a DMV regulated automotive business
- Salvage Vehicle Examination Program
- Report a problem with odometer and mileage fraud
- Check the National Insurance Crime Bureau database to see if the vehicle you are about to purchase is flood damaged.
Information for DMV-regulated business
- Dealers and transporters
- Repair shop and body shops
- Inspection stations and certified inspectors
- Registration fee calculator for dealers
- Commercial Drivers
- Motor Carriers
- Escort Vehicle Drivers
- International Registration Plan (IRP)
- Article 19-A (Bus) Carriers
- Commercial Driving Schools
- Private Service Bureaus
- Vision Registry Provider Information
Online Services for Businesses
DMV-Related Business Licenses at the NYS Online Permit Assistance and Licensing website.
For information on Rulemaking Activities, please visit the Department of State's Division of Administrative Rules homepage at: http://www.dos.ny.gov/info/index.html
Empire State Development will assist site developers to obtain Build Now/Shovel Ready certification. For information on the program, please visit: http://www.esd.ny.gov/buildnow/