Organ and tissue donations
Did you know:
- Nearly 10,000 New Yorkers are currently waiting for an organ transplant, and every 13 hours someone dies waiting for an organ transplant in our state.
- Only 18 percent of New Yorkers age 18 and over have enrolled in the NYS Donate Life Registry, compared to the national average of 42 percent.
- Just one organ donor can save up to eight lives and improve the lives of up to 50 people by donating tissues and corneas.
For information about organ, eye and tissue donations through the New York State Donate Life Registry, visit the Organ and Tissue Donation page at the NYS Department of Health website.
Go the extra mile, be an organ donor!
There are many ways to become an organ donor through DMV
- create a MyDMV account and register online to be an organ donor today
- sign up during a MyDMV license renewal or replacement transaction
- complete the donation section on your driver license or Non-Driver ID renewal application form
- complete the donation section on the Application for Driver License or Non-Driver ID Card (MV-44) and submit to a DMV office
See messages from Dr. Oz about organ donation.