Register to Become an Organ, Eye or Tissue Donor
Go the extra mile, be an organ donor!
There is a tremendous need for organ donations in New York State. See messages from Dr. Oz about organ donation.
Register right now through MyDMV
Use MyDMV to register as an organ, eye or tissue donor online through the Department of Health (DOH) Donate Life Registry.
Are there other ways I can sign up to be an organ donor?
There are a few ways to become an organ donor through us
- sign up during a MyDMV license renewal or replacement transaction
- complete the donation section on your driver license or Non-Driver ID renewal application form
- complete the donation section on the Application for Driver License or Non-Driver ID Card (MV-44) and submit to a DMV office
If you prefer to enroll by mail, please visit the NYS Department of Health website.
Did you know
- nearly 10,000 New Yorkers are currently waiting for an organ transplant, and every 13 hours someone dies waiting for an organ transplant in our state
- only 18 percent of New Yorkers age 18 and over have enrolled in the NYS Donate Life Registry, compared to the national average of 42 percent
- just one organ donor can save up to eight lives and improve the lives of up to 50 people by donating tissues and corneas
For more information about organ, eye and tissue donations through the New York State Donate Life Registry, visit the NYS Department of Health website.