My Registrations and Paperless Reminders
Go Green! Go Paperless!
Sign-up to receive your registration renewal and inspection reminders by email through the MyDMV 'My Registrations and Paperless Reminders' service. We'll stop sending your renewal reminders by regular mail.
Check the status of your registrations
You can you use 'My Registrations and Paperless Reminders' to see the status of all of your registered vehicles.
To use the service, you must be the primary registrant. That means your name must be the first one listed on the registration.
What information can I see through My Registration and Paperless Reminders?
You will be able to see the following information about your registration
- the expiration date
- inspection expiration date (if your vehicle requires an inspection)
- any outstanding suspensions or revocations, along with instructions for how to resolve them
- the resident and mailing address (you’ll be able to update these as well)
- basic vehicle information (make, model, year)
You’ll also be able to
- get for paperless renewal and inspection reminders (Go green!)
- renew your registration
- replace your registration document
How can I use My Registrations and Paperless Reminders?
You will need to a MyDMV account. To create a MyDMV account, you will need your
- NYS Driver License, Permit, or Non-Driver ID card
- Social Security Number
Is My Registrations and Paperless Reminders an official registration record?
No. It’s not an official record. If you need an official document, see vehicle registration and title records (abstracts).