Check Registration Status
Login to MyDMV
To use the service, you must be the primary registrant. That means your name must be the first one listed on the registration. You will need the document number (see sample documents) from your most recently issued document. If you renewed or ordered yours recently and have not received it in the mail yet, you will need to wait for it to arrive before you can create a MyDMV account.
Don't have an account? Sign up for MyDMV.
What information can I see?
You will be able to see
- the registration expiration date
- the inspection expiration date (if your vehicle requires an inspection)
- any outstanding suspensions or revocations, along with instructions for how to resolve them
- the resident and mailing address (you’ll be able to update these as well)
- basic vehicle information (make, model, year)
You’ll also be able to
- get electronic registration renewal and inspection reminders (Go green!)
- renew your registration
- replace your registration document
Is My Registrations an official registration record?
No. If you need an official document, see vehicle registration and title records (abstracts).
I do not have a New York State Driver License, Permit or Non-Driver ID. How can I check my registration status?
You can order an official document. See vehicle registration and title records (abstracts).