HAZMAT (H) or Hazmat / Tank (X) Endorsement

You are only eligible for the HazMat or Hazmat / Tank Endorsement if you are age 21 or older and you meet the Federal medical requirements.

Hazmat drivers may only certify to NI or NA. If you are no able to certify to NI or NA and you have the Hazmat endorsement, you must go to your local DMV office to amend your license and have the Hazmat endorsement removed (a license amendment fee will apply). See the Hazardous Materials Manual (pdf) (CDL-11) for additional information on licensing requirements for Hazmat drivers.


For more information, see medical certification requirements.