Report a problem with the DMV website
If you are unable to use a DMV transaction
Notify the DMV of critical service interruptions.
- the name of the transaction (for example, ‘Renew Registration’)
- a description of the problem and any error message displayed
- the date and time
Do not include
Any personal information, such as your address, DMV ID Number (Client ID Number) from your NYS driver license, learner permit or non-driver photo ID card, Social Security Number, or credit card number.
Please note that this email address is only to report that a transaction is not working. We cannot respond to messages submitted.
For other help
- if you need help or have a question, see Ask a question
- if you are having trouble with MyDMV, see Sign in to MyDMV
- if are not able to download your driving record abstract or temporary registration, see Problems downloading a PDF document
- if you want to give us feedback, see Submit a comment or suggestion about the DMV website