Changing your password
All DIAL-IN accounts are comprised of three parts: an account number, a primary password and a secondary password. Together, these credientials establish security and help to protect your account.
- Account numbers are comprised of 7 digits and are assigned to you by DMV.
- Primary passwords are comprised of 3 alphanumeric characters and allow you to change your secondary password. Your primary password is assigned to you by DMV.
- Secondary passwords are comprised of 4 alphanumeric characters and are created by the user. You will use your secondary password everytime you log in to DIAL-IN. Secondary passwords expire every 60 days.
If you see the Password Modification Transaction page upon entering your account number and secondary password, you must change your password. To do that
- enter your account number, your primary password and a new secondary password.
- then, choose the "Password Modified" button.
If DIAL-IN accepts your new password, you will see "Transaction Completed" on your screen. From this point forward, your new secondary password will be in effect for 60 days, or until you change it again. Please keep a record of your new password and the date it was changed, especially if you work in an office setting where there may be multiple DIAL-IN users.
If DIAL-IN does not accept your new password, "Incorrect Information Entered" will appear on your screen. Retype your entries and press "Enter" again. If you wish to discontinue changing your password, close your browser. Your secondary password will remain the same as before if it has been less than 60 days since you last changed your password. If it has been more than 60 days, you will be prompted to change your password the next time you log in.
If you do not know your primary password, check with your organization's DIAL-IN account owner.
If you are the account owner for your organization, please contact the DMV Help Desk at 518-473-3959 Option 2, or email [email protected]. Your email should only contain your account number and information regarding your request; do not include any password information.