Medical certification notifications (Med Cert)
If you wish to receive notification of Drivers' Medical Certification (Med Cert), please log in to LENS and
- visit your LENS main menu
- select "Customer Information"
- select "Modify Account Settings"
- click "Selected License Events for Notifications" and select the “Med Cert Notification”
- accept the Terms of Service.
Drivers can also monitor their own CLP/CDL medical certification status through MyDMV and subscribe for text and/or email notifications.
- 1. In this example, the driver‘s type of driving requires a valid Med Cert, and it has expired. The driver’s Med Cert status has changed to “Not Certified”. Note the “>” symbol next to the driver’s Med Cert Status indicating which Driver characteristic has changed, resulting in a LENS notification.
- 2. The first and second lines are common to all LENS notifications. The lines below are specific to LENS Med Cert notifications.
- 3. This may be “Certified” for those who require and submitted medical certification, “Not Certified” for those who require but did not submit medical certification, or “Not Required” for those who are not required to submit medical certification.
- 4. Requires a Med Cert: NON-EXCEPTED INTERSTATE (NI) or NON-EXCEPTED INTRASTATE (NA) Doesn't require a Med Cert: EXCEPTED INTERSTATE (EI) or EXCEPTED INTRASTATE (EA)