Medical certification notifications (Med Cert)
The URL for access to New York DMV VPASS has changed.
The new link is https://secap.dmv.ny.gov/vpass/. Please be sure to update any shortcuts, favorites or bookmarks to reflect this change.
If you wish to receive notification of Drivers' Medical Certification (Med Cert), please log in to LENS and
- visit your LENS main menu
- select "Customer Information"
- select "Modify Account Settings"
- click "Selected License Events for Notifications" and select the “Med Cert Notification”
- accept the Terms of Service.
Drivers can also monitor their own CLP/CDL medical certification status through MyDMV and subscribe for text and/or email notifications.
Sample Medical Certification Notification 1
|First Line||The license number, name, date of birth and of the driver. The first line also includes index information if you recorded an index for the driver on your LENS roster.|
|Second Line||The date that the driver was added to your roster. 2|
|Third Line||The status of the driver’s medical certification 3|
|Fourth Line||The type of driving done by the driver, which may or may not require a Med Cert. 4|
|Fifth Line||The expiration date of the Med Cert.|
The expiration date of the medical variance attached to the Med Cert (if applicable).
|Additional Lines||Lines for any additional medical variances attached to the Med Cert (if applicable).|
- 1. In this example, the driver‘s type of driving requires a valid Med Cert, and it has expired. The driver’s Med Cert status has changed to “Not Certified”. Note the “>” symbol next to the driver’s Med Cert Status indicating which Driver characteristic has changed, resulting in a LENS notification.
- 2. The first and second lines are common to all LENS notifications. The lines below are specific to LENS Med Cert notifications.
- 3. This may be “Certified” for those who require and submitted medical certification, “Not Certified” for those who require but did not submit medical certification, or “Not Required” for those who are not required to submit medical certification.
- 4. Requires a Med Cert: NON-EXCEPTED INTERSTATE (NI) or NON-EXCEPTED INTRASTATE (NA) Doesn't require a Med Cert: EXCEPTED INTERSTATE (EI) or EXCEPTED INTRASTATE (EA)