Be prepared for your license, permit or non-driver ID reservation
Find out what you need before you visit the DMV You may be able save yourself the trip and do it online.
New York State now offers three types of documents. Be sure of the type you want and that you have the needed proofs.
- Get my learner permit (take the written test)
- Get my non-driver ID card
- Get a Federal REAL ID or an enhanced driver license (EDL)
- Renew my license or my non-driver ID card
- Replace my license, permit or my non-driver ID card
- Exchange my out-of-state license
- Get my driving record abstract
- Change my address
- Change my name
Note: If the correct reservation category is not selected, we may not be able to honor your appointment.
I have reviewed what I need to bring to the DMV and I’m ready to make a reservation.