What license, permit or non-driver ID service do you need?
Find out what you need before you visit the DMV. You may be able save yourself the trip and do it online.
Important: Office procedures and transactions have changed due to COVID-19. Not all of the transactions below are available at all offices. Please visit our Offices and Reservations page for more information about the registration services offered at your local DMV office.
You can make a reservation to
- Get a learner permit (take the written test)
- Get a non-driver ID card
- Exchange your license from another state
- Change your name or fix errors
You do not need to come to a DMV office to
- Get your driving record abstract
- Change your address
- Renew your license or non-driver ID card (unless you want to change to an Enhanced or REAL ID)
- Replace you license, permit or non-driver ID card (unless you want to change to an Enhanced or REAL ID)
I have reviewed what I need to bring to the DMV and I’m ready to make a reservation.