Check my license/driving privilege status
How can I check the status of my New York State driver license or driving privilege?
Sign up for MyDMV and use the My License, Permit or ID service. You can check
- the current status of your driving privilege (for example valid, revoked, suspended)
- the number of driver violation points on your driving record
- if your license, permit or non-driver ID card is valid, expired or due to be renewed
- your address on DMV records, and change it, if necessary
- your CDL medical certification status
- the mailing status of a document you recently ordered
You can also renew or order a replacement document.
Is My License an official record?
No. The My License service is not an official (certified) copy of your driving record. If you need a certified copy of your driving record, see Get my own driving record (abstract).
Where can I find more information about driving privileges in New York?
See Suspensions and revocations page on our website.