How to check my license/driving privilege status
Sign up for MyDMV and use the My License, Permit or ID service. You can check
- the current class and status of your driving privilege (for example valid, revoked, suspended)
- the number of driver violation points on your driving record by purchasing your driving record
- if your license, permit or non-driver ID card is valid, expired or due to be renewed
- your document type (Enhanced, REAL ID, Standard)
- your address on DMV records, and change it, if necessary
- your CDL medical certification status
- the mailing status of a document you recently ordered
You can also renew or order a replacement document.
To access MyDMV, you must have a New York State issued driver license, permit or non-driver ID. It must be your most recently issued document. 1
Is 'My License' an official record?
No. The My License service is not an official (certified) copy of your driving record. If you need a certified copy of your driving record, see Get my own driving record (abstract).
I don't have a New York State license, permit or non-driver ID. How can I check my status?
You can order a driving record abstract by mail or at a DMV office. For instructions, visit the Get my driving record abstract web page.
Where can I find more information about driving privileges in New York?
See Suspensions and revocations page on our website.
- 1. You will need the document number (see sample documents) from your most recently issued document. If you renewed or ordered yours recently and have not received it in the mail yet, you will need to wait for it to arrive before you can create a MyDMV account.