Search by form number, name or subject:

Form Title Purpose
MV-279 Request for Premises Check

To request pre-licensing classroom approval by the DMV.

MV-285R Student MV-285 Roster

Completed by high schools, colleges and BOCES to record information about MV-285 certificates issued to students who complete a driver education program.

MV-289 Certification for Taxi Plate

Certification so a taxi owner to be issued a taxi plate.

MV-299.1 Section 394 Drivers' Schools, NYS Vehicle and Traffic Law

Text of Section 394 of the NYS Vehicle and Traffic Law governing driving schools and driving instructors.

MV-299.2 Opening a Driving School

Instructions for those wishing to apply for licensing by DMV as a commercial driving school.

MV-299.3 Request for Approval of Driving School Name

To request DMV approval of the name for a commercial driving school.

MV-299.4 Receipts and Contracts

Instructions for customer receipts and contracts, fill-in receipts for pre-numbering and printing that follow the guidelines driving schools are required to use, and a sample of the customer contract that driving schools are required to use.

MV-2CDL Requirements for Commercial Drivers

Required for all commercial driver license (CDL) renewals.

MV-327 Notice of Repossession of Motor Vehicle or Motorcycle

Use to notify DMV, as required by law, when a vehicle is repossessed. Three copies of the form are included. Present all three copies to a DMV office and the copies marked for the Repossessor and the Owner will be returned to you. See also form MV-950.
NOTE: If you use your computer to complete the form, enter the information in the first page of the form and the information will automatically appear in the other two copies of the form. Remember to sign each copy of the form.

MV-349 Transfer of Vehicle Registered in Name of Deceased Person

Use to transfer the vehicle of a deceased person when there is no will, estate, surviving spouse or surviving minor child, and the vehicle is worth $25,000 or less.  For information see Deceased Vehicle Owner.

MV-349.1 Affidavit for Transfer of Motor Vehicle

Use to transfer a vehicle owned by a deceased person to a surviving spouse or to a child or children under age 21, if the vehicle is worth $25,000 or less.  For information see Deceased Vehicle Owner.

MV-35 Statement of Vehicle Owner Not Possessing a Valid Title

Use to transfer a vehicle at least eight model years old and worth less then $1250 to a vehicle dismantler, itinerant vehicle collector or certified scrap processor when the owner does not have the title.

MV-368 Study Guide for the Written Test for Driving School Instructor Applicants

Used as a study guide to prepare for the written test to qualify as a certified driving school instructor.
TIP - Large file, recommend save to local disk.

MV-37 Statement of Abandoned Vehicle

Use to transfer a vehicle at least ten model years old and worth less then $1250 from a property owner to a vehicle dismantler or itinerant vehicle collector when the vehicle has been abandoned for at least one month.

MV-372 Application for a License to Operate a Private Service Bureau

Application for the license required of any person, firm, association or corporation engaged in the business of assisting for hire in securing licenses to drive motor vehicles, registrations, or titles of motor vehicles.

MV-372R Application for Private Service Bureau License Renewal

Application used by a Private Service Bureau to apply for renewal of its PSB license.

MV-3W.3 Registrant Certification of Heavyweight Vehicle

Required to be filed when registering trucks that weight 44,801 pounds or more in the Agricultural, Commercial, Commercial Household Carrier and Tractor registration classes.

MV-415 Request for the Development of Custom Plates

Information package and request for the development of custom plates.

MV-44 Application for Permit, Driver License or Non-Driver ID Card

Use to apply for a learner permit, driver license or non-driver ID. Also use to renew your license or non-driver ID.

MV-44.1 Common Documents Needed to Apply for a New York Learner Permit, Driver License or Non-Driver ID Card

Provides information and instructions for how to apply for a New York learner permit, driver license, or non-driver ID card and lists the proof documents that are required.

MV-44.1B পরবর্তী বিষয়ে আবেদন করার উদ্দেশ্যে সাধারণ নথিপত্রগুলি প্রয়োজনীয়, আবেদনগুলি হল একটি নিউ ইয়র্কার: লার্নার পারমিট, ড্রাইভার লাইসেন্স, নন-ড্রাইভার ID কার্ড

একটি নিউ ইয়র্ক লার্নার পারমিট, ড্রাইভার লাইসেন্স অথবা নন-ড্রাইভার ID কার্ড জন্য কিভাবে আবেদন করতে হবে সেই সম্পর্কিত তথ্য এবং নির্দেশাবলী ও আবশ্যক প্রমাণের নথিপত্রের তালিকা প্রদান করে।

MV-44.1CH 申请纽约实习驾照、驾驶执照或非驾驶人身份证件所需的通用文件


MV-44.1FC Dokiman ou bezwen souvan pou aplike pou pyès sa yo nan New York: Pèmi Apranti, Lisans Chofè oswa Kat ID ki pa Lisans Chofè

Ofri enfòmasyon ak enstriksyon sou kijan pou w aplike pou yon pèmi apranti New York, yon lisans chofè oswa kat ID ki pa lisans chofè epi li etabli lis dokiman ki sèvi kòm prèv epi ki nesesè yo.

MV-44.1K 다음의 뉴욕 신분증 신청 시 필요한 공통 서류: 운전연습 허가증, 운전면허증 또는 비운전자 신분증

뉴욕 운전연습 허가증, 운전면허증 또는 비운전자 신분증 신청 방법 관련 정보와 안내를 제공하고 그에 필요한 증빙 서류를 소개합니다.

MV-44.1N न्यूयोर्कका निम्नका लागि आवेदन दिन आवश्यक सामान्य कागजातहरू: सिकारू अनुमतिपत्र, सवारी चालक अनुमतिपत्र, गैर-सवारी चालक आइडी कार्ड

न्यूयोर्क सिकारू अनुमतिपत्र, सवारी चालक अनुमतिपत्र, वा गैर-सवारी चालक आइडी कार्डका लागि आवेदन कसरी दिने बारे जानकारी र निर्देशनहरू उपलब्ध गराउनु र आवश्यक पर्ने प्रमाण कागजातहरूको सूची बनाउनु हो।