Non-Driver ID Card
A non-driver ID is a photo ID card for someone who does not drive. A person at any age can get a non-driver ID card. You must apply in a DMV office.
Apply for the first time
- Get a non-driver ID card
- Exchange your NY State driver license for a non-driver ID card
- Proving identity and age
- Fees and refunds
If you already have a non-driver ID
If recently applied for a new, renewed or replacement non-driver ID, you can check the mailing status.
Sign up to get emails and/or text reminders when your ID is about to expire.
- Military and veteran resources
- New York State Adventure non-driver ID card
- Enhanced, REAL ID or Standard non-driver ID
- If a family member has died
- Information for non US citizens