Vehicles must be inspected once a year to ensure they are safe to drive. A valid inspection sticker must be displayed.
Find information about New York State inspections
All vehicles registered in New York State must get a safety inspection at a DMV-licensed inspection station.
- NY State Inspection Requirements
- NY Vehicle Inspection Program (NYVIP2)
- About registration-based enforcement of inspections
- Diesel emissions inspections
- Find an inspection station
Find information on Salvage Exams.
Find more information if you own a New York State registered inspection station.