All vehicles registered in New York State must get a safety inspection once a year at a DMV-licensed inspection station. A valid inspection sticker must be displayed.
- Information about New York State Inspections
- New York Vehicle Inspection Program (NYVIP3)
- About registration-based enforcement of inspections
- Diesel emissions inspections
- Find an inspection station
- Get a 10-day inspection extension when the vehicle is out-of-state
- Get reminders when your inspections and registrations are due