Looking for information about consumer protection, DMV regulated businesses, and business partners?
We've redesigned our website. Use the links below to find what you need.
Information for consumers using DMV-regulated businesses
- Find DMV-Regulated Businesses
- Vehicle inspection requirements
- Report a problem with a DMV regulated automotive business
- Salvage Vehicle Examination Program
- Report a problem with odometer and mileage fraud
- Check the National Insurance Crime Bureau database to see if the vehicle you are about to purchase is flood-damaged
- Check a vehicle’s title history using the US Department of Justice National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (NMVTIS)
Information for DMV-regulated business
- Dealers and transporters
- Repair shops and body shops
- Inspection stations and certified inspectors
- Registration fee calculator for dealers
- Commercial Drivers
- Motor Carriers
- Escort Vehicle Drivers
- International Registration Plan (IRP)
- Article 19-A (Bus) Carriers
- Commercial Driving Schools
- Private Service Bureaus
- Vision Registry Provider Information
Online Services for Businesses
DMV-Related Business Licenses at the NYS Online Permit Assistance and Licensing website.
For information on Rulemaking Activities, please visit the Department of State's Division of Administrative Rules homepage.
Empire State Development will assist site developers to obtain FAST NY Shovel Ready certification. For information on the program, please visit: https://esd.ny.gov/fast-ny