Online Vehicle Transactions
These are transactions that can be done online without having to go to an office. If the transaction you need to complete is not listed, it is not available to process online.
- Renew registration
- Replace registration
- Check registration status
- Change address
- Estimate registration fees
See more information about New York State vehicle registrations.
Non-residents of New York State with snowmobiles registered in their home states can apply online for a NY State snowmobile registration to operate their snowmobile in New York. If you registered your snowmobile in New York before, do not register again. Instead, you can renew your registration. This is not available to New York residents.
See more information about New York State inspection requirements.
- Pay insurance lapse civil penalty
- Pay a suspension termination fee
- Provide proof of insurance
- Check my insurance status
See more information about New York State vehicle insurance.
- Replace plates
- Order picture plates
- Order personalized plates
- Check the mailing status of a plate order
- Surrender (return) plates to the DMV (you must do this by mail or at an office)
When you change your address for a vehicle registration, we also update the title certificate record.
See more information about New York State vehicle titles.
Other vehicle related transactions and information
- Get vehicle record (abstract)
- Check plate order mailing status
- Change your name or other non-address information
- Check if your vehicle has a recall
Receive a text and/or email for your registration and inspections by signing up for electronic reminders.
Sign up for E-ZPass through New York Service Center. This is not a DMV transaction.