Register to Become an Organ, Eye or Tissue Donor
There is a tremendous need for organ donations in New York State.
- nearly 10,000 New Yorkers are currently waiting for an organ transplant, and every 13 hours someone dies waiting for an organ transplant in our state
- only 29% of New Yorkers age 18 and over have enrolled in the NY State Donate Life Registry, compared to the national average of 51%
- just one organ donor can save up to eight lives and improve the lives of up to 50 people by donating tissues and corneas
DMV has a PDF document that explains What You Should Know About Becoming an Organ, Eye and Tissue Donor (MV-OD). Learn more at the DonateLife.ny.gov.
Register right now through MyDMV
Other ways you can register
- when you
- during a MyDMV license or non-driver ID renewal or replacement transaction
- by completing the donation section on your
- driver license or non-driver ID renewal application
- Application for Permit, Driver License or Non-Driver ID Card (pdf) (MV-44)
You can also enroll by mail. Get the form at the DonateLife.ny.gov.