Register to Become an Organ, Eye or Tissue Donor
There is a tremendous need for organ donations in New York State.
- nearly 10,000 New Yorkers are currently waiting for an organ transplant, and every 13 hours someone dies waiting for an organ transplant in our state
- only 29% of New Yorkers age 18 and over have enrolled in the NYS Donate Life Registry, compared to the national average of 51%
- just one organ donor can save up to eight lives and improve the lives of up to 50 people by donating tissues and corneas
Learn more at the NYS Department of Health website
Register right now through MyDMV
Other ways you can register
- when you
- during a MyDMV license or non-driver ID renewal or replacement transaction
- by completing the donation section on your
- driver license or non-driver ID renewal application
- Application for Permit, Driver License or Non-Driver ID Card (MV-44)
You can also enroll by mail. Get the form at the NYS Department of Health website.