Renew a business license or registration
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR DEALERS RENEWING ONLINE:
Please read the details regarding the new surety bond legislation at: https://dmv.ny.gov/dealers/dealer-surety-bond.
To renew online, you must have the
- Facility Number from your Business Certificate (see a sample)
- Validation Number from your Business Certificate (see a sample)
- Federal Employer ID Number
- Social Security Number of the owner, partner or officer
- Business telephone number and email address
Recent change of address
You cannot renew online if the address of the facility has changed and you did not amend the address of the facility. Complete these forms with your new facility address and send them to the DMV
- Request for Business Amendment / Duplicate Certificate (MV-253G)
- Statement of Ownership and/or Permission to Use Place of Business (VS-19)
Owner, partner or officer of the company was convicted of a felony or misdemeanor of forfeited bail
If an owner, partner or officer of the company that owns or operates the facility has a felony or misdemeanor conviction or forfeit since the last facility certificate renewal, complete the Facility Renewal Application (VS-2) and a Statement of Ownership and/or Permission to Use Place of Business (VS-19) send it to us by mail.
Renew by mail
We will send you a Facility Renewal Application (VS-2). Complete the application and send it with a check for your renewal fee to
Bureau of Consumer & Facility Services
P.O. Box 2700
Albany, NY 12220-0700
If you don’t receive your application, call the Office of Vehicle Safety and Clean Air at 1-518-474-0919.
All business registrations and Inspection Station licenses are valid for 2 years.
You can renew if the facility certificate Inspection Station license will expire within the next 60 days.
You can renew if the facility certificate or Inspection Station license expired within the last six months.