Renew an IRP registration
Approximately 90 days before an IRP registration expires, you will normally receive a NY State IRP Renewal Report by mail.
To renew by mail
- follow the instructions included in the IRP Renewal Packet (IRP-34) enclosed with your renewal
- return the renewal application to the International Registration Bureau (IRB) at least 45 days before the expiration date of the current registration
- allow 3 weeks to receive your renewal bill and a list of additional information required
- send your payment and any additional required items to the IRB at the address given in the IRP Renewal Packet
The IRB must receive your payment at least 20 days before the expiration date of your current registration to make sure that you receive your renewed documents before the current registration expires.
If you do not receive the IRP Renewal Report
- follow the instructions in the IRP Renewal Packet (IRP-34)
- complete Schedule A & C (IRP-6)
- complete Schedule B (IRP-5)
- follow the instructions in the IPR Renewal Packet to send and pay for your renewal application
To renew at the Customer Service Counter in Albany
Bring your renewal to the Customer Service Counter
Customer Service Counter
Swan Street Building
Empire State Plaza
Albany, NY 12228
If you bring your renewal to the Customer Service Counter, IRB cannot immediately process your renewal application. You must leave your renewal application forms and documents to be processed. We will mail your bill to you. When you receive your renewal bill, you can visit the Customer Service Counter, pay for your renewal and receive your new registration document.