Your path to personalized online services
MyDMV offers personalized and secure online services without the need to mail in forms or make a trip to a local DMV office. You can access MyDMV through NY.gov.
Log in to MyDMV with NY.gov
If you do not have a NY.gov username, you can create one when you sign up for MyDMV.
Sign up for MyDMV
To sign up you must
- enter information from your current New York license, permit or ID (see sample documents)
- create a NY.gov ID username, or use one you already have
- be able to open your email to get your temporary password
- Change my address
- Check my license status
- Check my registration information
- Get my driving record (abstract)
- Become an organ donor
- Restore my license after revocation
- Register to vote
Help us improve this page by taking our short survey!
- 1. NY.gov ID allows you to access online services from various NYS government agencies with a single username and password. For example, you can use NY.gov ID to view your tax bills through the NYS Department of Tax and Finance or apply for unemployment benefits through the NYS Department of Labor. Learn more about NY.gov IDs.
- 2. If you have never had a New York license, permit, or non-driver ID, you cannot register for MyDMV.
You will also need to provide the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number.
- 3. MyDMV uses NY.gov accounts for user authentication, so that you can interact with the DMV and other state services (such as the Department of Labor, or the NYS Health Plan Marketplace) without needing to create multiple accounts. Learn more about NY.gov IDs.