Most offices have re-opened and require a reservation to visit in-person. In-person services are limited, and services must be done online, by drop box or by mail if possible. See more information about reopening guidance, safety guidelines and deadline extensions during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Reservations (In-Person Services)
- Select the county you live in to locate an office. We recommend you do your DMV business at an office in the county where you are a resident.
- Review the 'In-Person Services' to make sure the service you need is currently available.
- Be prepared:
- Select the underlined links for more information.
- For license, permit, non-driver ID or registration transactions complete the DMV Document Guide.
- Make your reservation (using the blue button under 'In-Person Services’). If you do not see reservation information, use the link provided to visit the website for that office.
Private Sector Partners
Some license transactions (including license renewals with REAL ID upgrades) are available for AAA members at some New York AAA offices.