License and non-driver ID services are available at AAAs
Available to AAA members only
Many license and non-driver ID services are now available for valid AAA members as part of a pilot program offered at some New York AAA offices. Learn more about AAA locations where license services can be completed.
Other AAA branches may offer more limited DMV services, such as vision testing for license renewals. Search for your local AAA office to see the services offered.
1. Complete forms before you visit a AAA
2. Have proof of identity
You must come in person and provide appropriate proof of identity. See acceptable proofs of identity.
3. Determine if you need a reservation
You must make a reservation to visit a AAA location in Brooklyn, Queens, and Manhattan. Reserve your time.
Smithtown and Garden City AAA locations allow 'walk-ins' for vision testing (for license renewals)
Available only at
- East Meadow
- Garden City
- Manhattan (Lincoln Center) locations
- Queens (Whitestone)
- Renew License/ Non-Driver ID
- Replace (duplicate) licenses/ Non-Driver IDs
- Upgrade License or Non-Driver ID to REAL ID or Enhanced
- Amend (update information on) License or Non-Driver ID