Order a copy of the NYS Vehicle and Traffic Law

You can request a copy of the Vehicle and Traffic Law from DMV by mail. 

  • complete a Request for Driver and/or Vehicle Record Information (MV-15), and check the box for Vehicle and Traffic Law books in Step 2, Part A
  • send the form and fee to the address on the form. Include a check or money order for $6.00 payable to "Commissioner of Motor Vehicles".  

 This information is also available online through The NYS Legislature (scroll down to VAT).