Amend or replace a Dealer or Transporter business registration or license

How do I amend my dealer or transporter certificate of registration?

To amend the registration or get a replacement (duplicate) document for your current dealer or transporter business, you must submit the Request for Business Amendment / Duplicate Certificate (MV-253G).

Mail it to

NYS DMV Bureau of Consumer & Facility Services
Application Unit
P.O. Box 2700
Albany, NY  12220-0700

You will receive a replacement document by mail in approximately 5 to 7 business days. We cannot fax a copy to you.


How do I report a change of address?

To report a change of address for your business, you must complete a Statement of Ownership and/or Permission to Use Place of Business (VS-19).

You can also call the DMV Office of Vehicle Safety and Clean Air at 1-518-474-4653 to get the form, or call 1-518-474-0919 to get more information.

It will take 6 to 8 weeks for us to process your application.