Search by form number, name or subject:

Form Title Purpose
MV-215 Request for Refund

Use to apply for non-automated refunds of DMV registration and license fees authorized by law. DO NOT use for automated refund requests when surrendering plates at a DMV Office.

MV-372 Application for a License to Operate a Private Service Bureau

Application for the license required of any person, firm, association or corporation engaged in the business of assisting for hire in securing licenses to drive motor vehicles, registrations, or titles of motor vehicles.

MV-456 Certification of Disposition of Vehicle on Behalf of Absentee Owner

Completed by a person who has been given permission to sell a vehicle owned by a member of the armed services. Owner's title or transferable registration is also required to transfer.

P-33 Part 03 Police Accident Report Instructions - Forms MV-104A and MV-104AN

Forms MV-104A and MV104AN - Vehicle Registrant information, ticket/arrest data, involved vehicle characteristis, damage codes, vehicle towed and accident diagram. Pages 10-13.

FS-48 Financial Security Exemption Application

Used to apply for an exemption from NYS auto liability insurance coverage requirements (NYS Financial Security Law) while a vehicle was at a registered NYS repair shop or junk/salvage facility. Form must be completed by the shop or facility and signed by the manager of the shop or facility and the vehicle registrant.

MV-82.1SN Registering a Snowmobile in NYS

Instructions to register a snowmobile in NYS or to replace, change or renew a snowmobile registration. Use with MV-82SN application form. See Identification Requirements before downloading the form.

SR-60 Supporting Affirmation

Filed with a copy of an unsatisfied judgment of $1,000 or more that resulted from operation of a motor vehicle (e.g. an accident). The license and/or registration of the person/company who failed to satisfy the judgment may then be suspended until the judgment is satisfied.

MV-232 Change of Address

Use to send a change of address for your regular or enhanced driver license, non-driver photo ID card and vehicle registrations. You can also order a new document with your new address. You can change your address online immediately.

MV-45 Statement of Identity by Parent/Guardian

Completed by parent of child under age 21 to provide 4 points of proof of ID for child applying for permit/license, registration/title.  The form MV-45 can also be used to provide 1 proof of residence for a child who applies for an enhanced document.  This form MUST be signed in the presence of a DMV representative.

DO NOT sign this form before bringing it to a DMV Office.  Applicant must also provide birth certificate or other acceptable proof of date of birth. See Identification Requirements.