Driver Training Programs
Open a driving school
A driving school is a formal class or program that prepares a new driver to obtain a learner permit. A driving school instructor is a person who has been certified to teach individuals to drive a motor vehicle for a licensed driving school.
- Open a driving school
- Requirements and forms to open a driving school
- Become a driving school instructor
Existing driving schools
- Renew driving school license
- Renew driving school instructor certificate
- Road Test Scheduling System
- Self-Certification Program
Driver education resources
The Pre-licensing Course, also known as “the 5-hour course,” is a DMV-designed classroom course that provides new drivers with information to help them drive safely.
- Become a pre-licensing course provider
- Requirements and forms for the pre-licensing course
- Order pre-licensing course completion certificates
Point & Insurance Reduction Program (PIRP & i-PIRP)
The Point and Insurance Reduction Program is a DMV-approved course designed to teach motorists critical information about Highway Safety and Accident Prevention.
- Become a PIRP sponsor
- Become a PIRP delivery agency or instructor
- Become an i-PIRP/ADM provider
- Requirements and forms for the PIRP & i-PIRP programs
- Find PIRP sponsors
Alcohol & Drug Rehabilitation Program (IDP) Providers