The custom plate fee varies if the plate number is assigned by DMV or if you personalize it. Learn more about personalized plates.
|Annual renewal (assigned)||$ 0.00|
|Annual renewal (personalized)||$31.25|
The annual custom plate renewal fee is in addition to your vehicle registration renewal fee. You will be billed for the plates every two years when you renew your registration.
- Copy of DD-214 or or Certification of Military Service (NA FORM 13038) that states proof of being a Combat Infantryman
- Copy of Military Orders that states proof of being a Combat Infantryman
Ordering online is faster and easier than ordering by mail.
- you must have a valid NY State registration that does not expire within 60 days. This will have your current plate number and registration class code. See a sample registration document.
- your name and address must be up to date with DMV. You can change your address online before ordering picture or professional plates.
- you must have a credit or debit card that DMV accepts, and a valid email address for confirmation purposes.
Order by mail
To order this plate, complete an Application for Custom Plates (PDF) (CP-30).
Mail the completed form, required documents, and your payment to:
Custom Plates Unit
P.O. Box 2775
Albany, NY 12220
- 1. If your registration expires within the next 60 days, renew your registration online before you order picture or professional plates.
- 2. You must visit a DMV office to change your name on all DMV records and documents. Learn more about how to change your name.
The DMV accepts:
- American Express® Card
- Discover Card®/Novus®
- MasterCard® Debit card without personal identification number (PIN)
- VISA® Card
- Visa Debit Card without personal identification number (PIN)