New York Yankees World Series Champions 2009
Major League Baseball™ trademarks are used with permission of Major League Properties, Inc.
The custom plate fee varies if the plate number is assigned by DMV or if you personalize it. Learn more about personalized plates.
|Annual renewal (assigned)||$31.25|
|Annual renewal (personalized)||$62.50|
The annual custom plate renewal fee is in addition to your vehicle registration renewal fee. You will be billed for the plates every two years when you renew your registration.
Ordering online is faster and easier than ordering by phone, mail, or in an office.
- you must have a valid NY State registration that does not expire within 60 days. This will have your current plate number and registration class code. See a sample registration document. 2
- your name and address must be up to date with DMV. You can change your address online before ordering picture or professional plates. 3
- you must have a credit or debit card that DMV accepts, and a valid email address for confirmation purposes. 4
Order by phone
Call the Custom Plates Unit at 1-518-402-4838.
Office hours are 8:00am - 4:00pm, Monday through Friday.
Order by mail
To order this plate by mail, use the Application for Custom Plates (pdf) (CP-30).
Mail the completed form and your payment to:
Custom Plates Unit
P.O. Box 2775
Albany, NY 12220
Order at a DMV office
Universal Symbol of Access
Custom Plates that include the Universal Symbol of Access for individuals who qualify are available only through the Custom Plates Unit. See how to order plates that include the Universal Symbol of Access (pdf) or call the Custom Plates Unit at 1-518-402-4838.
- 1. Customers with current Yankees plates can convert to a 2009 World Series Champions custom plate. Contact the Custom Plates Unit at 1-518-402-4838. The cost is $28.75. You cannot convert to the new plates online or at a DMV office; you must call the Custom Plates Unit. If your current plate is not personalized, but you want a personalized 2009 World Series Champions plate, the fee to convert is $60.00.
- 2. If your registration expires within the next 60 days, renew your registration online before you order picture or professional plates.
- 3. You must visit a DMV office to change your name on all DMV records and documents. Learn more about how to change your name.
The DMV accepts:
- American Express® Card
- Discover Card®/Novus®
- MasterCard® Debit card without personal identification number (PIN)
- VISA® Card
- Visa Debit Card without personal identification number (PIN)