Parks - Beach Scene (vehicle)
To order this plate, you must currently hold an Empire Passport issued by the NY State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation (Parks). The vehicle you are ordering plates for must be registered in your name. This design is now available for your motorcycle plate.
The custom plate fee varies if the plate number is assigned by DMV or if you personalize it. Learn more about personalized plates.
|Annual renewal* (assigned)||$15.00|
|Annual renewal* (personalized)||$46.25|
* The fee noted for each renewal is the $15 annual I LOVE NY fee + the personalization fee (if applicable) and does not include the regular registration renewal fees due upon each renewal. As the $15 I LOVE NY fee is an annual fee, if your registration is renewed every two years (passenger and commercial class) the fee is $30 at renewal.
If you purchased a LIFETIME NY State Parks issued Empire Passport or DEC issued LIFETIME Sporting License in 2014, the fees noted above (except personalization fees, if applicable) are waived for your first plate purchase and first renewal only. Personalization fees are $31.25 for passenger and commercial registration classes.
- you must have a valid NY State registration that does not expire within 60 days. This will have your current plate number and registration class code. See a sample registration document.
- your name and address must be up to date with DMV. You can change your address online before ordering Adventure Plates.
- you must have a credit or debit card that DMV accepts, and a valid email address for confirmation purposes.
Order by mail
To order this plate by mail, use the Application for Custom Plates (PDF) (CP-30).
Send a copy of your driver license and a copy of your Parks Empire Passport with your application form.
Mail the completed form, required documents and your payment to:
Custom Plates Unit
P.O. Box 2775
Albany, NY 12220
You cannot order this plate by phone.
Universal Symbol of Access
Custom Plates that include the Universal Symbol of Access for individuals who qualify are available only through the Custom Plates Unit. See how to order plates that include the Universal Symbol of Access (PDF) or call the Custom Plates Unit at 1-518-402-4838.
- 1. Commercial plates must display the word "COMMERCIAL" under the plate number and therefore will not print with the wording "I LOVE NY HUNTING", "I LOVE NY FISHING" or "I LOVE NY PARKS". Commercial plates will print with the I LOVE NY symbol in the upper right hand corner of the plate.
- 2. If your registration expires within the next 60 days, renew your registration online before you order Adventure Plates.
- 3. You must visit a DMV office to change your name on all DMV records and documents. Learn more about how to change your name.
The DMV accepts:
- American Express® Card
- Discover Card®/Novus®
- MasterCard® Debit card without personal identification number (PIN)
- VISA® Card
- Visa Debit Card without personal identification number (PIN)