US Air Force Veteran
The custom plate fee varies if the plate number is assigned by DMV or if you personalize it. Learn more about personalized plates.
|Annual renewal (assigned)||$ 0.00|
|Annual renewal (personalized)||$31.25|
The annual custom plate renewal fee is in addition to your vehicle registration renewal fee. You will be billed for the plates every two years when you renew your registration.
- Copy of DD-214 or Certification of Military Service (NA FORM 13038), or discharge papers that show you served in the US Air Force
Ordering online is faster and easier than ordering by mail.
- you must have a valid NY State registration that does not expire within 60 days. This will have your current plate number and registration class code. See a sample registration document. 1
- your name and address must be up to date with DMV. You can change your address online before ordering picture or professional plates. 2
- you must have a credit or debit card that DMV accepts, and a valid email address for confirmation purposes. 3
Order by mail
To order this plate, complete an Application for Custom Plates (pdf) (CP-30).
Mail the completed form, required documents, and your payment to:
Custom Plates Unit
P.O. Box 2775
Albany, NY 12220
Universal Symbol of Access
Custom Plates that include the Universal Symbol of Access for individuals who qualify are available only through the Custom Plates Unit. See how to order plates that include the Universal Symbol of Access (PDF) or call the Custom Plates Unit at 1-518-402-4838.
- 1. If your registration expires within the next 60 days, renew your registration online before you order picture or professional plates.
- 2. You must visit a DMV office to change your name on all DMV records and documents. Learn more about how to change your name.
The DMV accepts:
- American Express® Card
- Discover Card®/Novus®
- MasterCard® Debit card without personal identification number (PIN)
- VISA® Card
- Visa Debit Card without personal identification number (PIN)