Press Release - 04-19-2017
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Wednesday, April 19, 2017
MEDIA ADVISORY: 'No Empty Chair' Statewide Enforcement and Education Campaign Kicks Off on Long Island
On Thursday, April 20, the Governor's Traffic Safety Committee will host a press conference with partners from Garden City High School and across Long Island to mark the start of the "No Empty Chair" statewide campaign. With prom and graduation season coming up, New York State and its community partners are working together to prevent tragedies on our roadways among teen drivers.
WHEN: Thursday, April 20, 2017 at 11:00 a.m.
WHERE: Auditorium at Garden City High School, 170 Rockaway Ave., Garden City, NY 11530
- Chuck DeWeese, Assistant Commissioner, Governor's Traffic Safety Committee
- Dr. Robert Feirsen, Garden City School District Superintendent of Schools
- State and local law enforcement partners, including Garden City Police Department Commissioner Kenneth Jackson and State Police Troop L Commander Major David Candelaria
- Assemblyman Edward Ra
- Beth Spirakis, Garden City PTA Director
- Jani Majewski, Victim Advocate
Media check in: Media representatives should check in with the Main Office at the Garden City High School. Please be prepared to present a photo ID.