Press Release - 05-17-2017
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Wednesday, May 17, 2017
MEDIA ADVISORY: NEW YORK STATE TO LAUNCH SEAT BELT ENFORCEMENT INITIATIVE AT STATE FAIRGROUNDS IN SYRACUSE
Watkins Glen International to Unveil New Joint Promotional Effort with the Fair this Summer
On Thursday, May 18, the Governor’s Traffic Safety Committee, joined by state and Syracuse-area law enforcement officials, will be hosting a press conference at the State Fairgrounds to announce a targeted seat belt enforcement campaign that will take place throughout Onondaga County and statewide. The “Click It or Ticket” campaign has helped New York maintain an all-time high 92 percent seat belt compliance rate. Xfinity series driver Ross Chastain will join officials at the press conference to talk about an awareness campaign designed to encourage people to buckle up.
In addition, an official from Watkins Glen International will be present to discuss a new joint promotional effort with the Great New York State Fair this summer.
WHEN: Thursday, May 18, 2017. The press conference will begin at 10:30 a.m.
WHERE: New York State Fairgrounds
Gray Lot on the West End
581 State Fair Boulevard
Syracuse, New York 13209
(Rain location: Center of Progress Building)
- Chuck DeWeese, Assistant Commissioner, Governor’s Traffic Safety Committee
- Xfinity series driver Ross Chastain
- Captain Jeffrey Raub, Zone 2 Commander, Troop D, State Police
- Jon Beckman, Vice President of Partnerships and Business Development at Watkins Glen International
- A local mother whose child’s life was saved by the proper use of safety restraints