How do I get a copy of a Traffic Violations Bureau (TVB) Traffic Ticket?
If your TVB traffic ticket is lost or destroyed, you can print a substitute online. It's fast and easy.
The TVB traffic ticket must
Can I print substitute tickets for all my open TVB tickets?
Yes. Once you provide information for one open TVB traffic ticket, you will be able to print any open TVB traffic ticket(s) you have. You will need to print them one at a time.
What do I need?
To use this service to print an open TVB traffic ticket, you will need
- the TVB traffic ticket number from an open or unpaid ticket (see a sample ticket )
and either your
- DMV ID Number (Client ID Number) from your NYS driver license, learner permit or non-driver photo ID card (see a sample driver license ) (if you have a New York State driver license and you do not have the ticket number, enter all of the other information to determine if the DMV can locate the ticket record)
- full name, date of birth, and gender
Are substitute tickets I print from this transaction the same as tickets printed at a TVB office?
Yes. A substitute ticket that you print from this transaction has exactly the same information as tickets printed at a TVB office.
What can I do if my traffic ticket is not available?
If a traffic ticket is not available to print, the transaction will give you instructions on what you can do. Read all messages in the transaction carefully.
- 1. If the traffic ticket was not answerable to a Traffic Violations Bureau (TVB), you cannot use this transaction for the ticket. The TVB does not handle parking violations, criminal driving violations (for example, DWI) or tickets answerable in a local court.
- 2. If the ticket has been dismissed, or if there was a conviction and the fines, the fees and the surcharges were all paid, the ticket is a 'closed' ticket.
Do it online text:
You should have
- a TVB traffic ticket number (if you do not have the ticket number, enter all of the other information to determine if the DMV can locate the ticket record)
- your DMV ID Number (Client ID Number) from your NYS driver license, learner permit or non-driver photo ID card or your full name, your date of birth and your gender
- a valid e-mail address
- Tickets