The New York State DMV Traffic Violations Bureau is beginning to offer virtual hearings. The information below will inform you how to attend your hearing virtually.
As of 4/27/2021, the virtual hearing option is available in all TVB offices.
Virtual Hearings allow motorists, law enforcement officers, attorneys, witnesses, interpreters and other participants to attend hearings online, no longer having to travel to a Traffic Violations Bureau (TVB).
Any motorist can attend a hearing virtually. Follow the instructions below.
Before your hearing (we recommend at least 2 days before)
- Review the appropriate user guide for detailed instructions
- Test your system: go to WebEx testing page
- If you plan to have an attorney, witness, or interpreter attend, they will need
- Your ticket number(s)
- The address for this website for instructions on preparation and attendance
- Upload any evidence you have to present
- You can do this up to 3 weeks before your hearing date
- Keep your hearing notice in a secure place where you can easily locate it on the date of the hearing
- You can sign up for hearing email reminders
On the day of the hearing
- Locate your hearing notice
- Log in to the hearing waiting room
- Start the log-in process 15 minutes before the time of your scheduled hearing
- To log-in
- Enter in the ticket number
- Agree to the Terms of Service
- Select your role: Motorist, Attorney/Representative, Witness or Interpreter
- Enter the required information, when prompted
- Be ready for your hearing to be called. WebEx will launch when your hearing is called.
After your hearing
Please go to Plead or Pay Tickets Online to pay any fines, surcharges and fees.
All attendees will need
- Working audio on your mobile device (phone) or computer and a working camera is strongly preferred
- Reliable internet service (at least 1 – 1.5 megabits per second)
Mobile (phone and tablet) users will need
- The WebEx mobile app installed (the links below leave DMV’s site)
Desktop/Laptop users will need
- The most version of one of the listed web browsers (the links below leave DMV’s site)
Note: Internet Explorer is not supported